Monday, October 22, 2007

Heineken DraftKeg Commerical

I feel two ways about this commercial. First, I do see the that it is sexist. It's this perfect woman...type...thing....dancing, smiling, and serving beer out of her very self! Then, she becomes three and dances some more. Not really how girls want to be viewed or what they want to be compared to. On the other hand, I don't nessecarily think that it is the "most sexist beer commercial ever made". There has been PLENTY others that are more sexist in the tone, clothes, models and what they're doing. I also think that it was kinda artsy and neat looking. Now I'm not saying that I want to call all my friends in to watch it or anything, but I do feel that's it's less offensive than most beer commercials. Maybe one reason is that this girl isn't real looking, so it's okay that she's perfect measurements and serving beer with a smile....she's not real. While other commercials sport these perfect, scanty clad girls being perfect and entertaining the guys around them... so it's easier for real girls to compare themselves with those girls and get offended.

No comments: