Friday, October 12, 2007

Asa Coon Report

When I read the report about these shootings, I expected to be shocked at how they used race because of what was said in class. But honestly, I think it was justified. The report didn't even mention his race until 21 sections down and didn't mention his cloths until 12 sections down. I do this was appropriate because they were trying to get the point across that he stood out and that he looked very different from everyone else. The fact that he went to a school where 85% of the students are black and he's white, also the kind of cloths he wears, paints a clear picture of the situation. Maybe he felt discrimination being a minority and that played into him finally losing it. All to say, I didn't feel like they used race in an inappropriate way.

No comments: