Monday, September 24, 2007

Jena 6

About the Jena 6 coverage......I have read and seen both sides of the story. I am against racism and all for equality, but I must say I think that the black community supporting Jena 6 has it wrong. Some talk about supporting there "brothers" and just looking out for some "kids". I'm all for supporting each other, but make sure you're supporting a worthy cause. I read a readers opinion on the DallasNews site that I really agreed with. The reader states that while all these folks are organizing marches they should be trying to figure out there is so many one parent homes and crime. This case is not about "White" and "Black" but rather "Right" and "Wrong". Anyone, even whom they call "kids" are responsible for their own actions. If they feel that they dealt with them "too harshly" they should imagine for a moment that these cruelties were directed at their own children. On the video clip of the rally, it showed two of the Jena 6 walk up on stage, receiving loud cheers from the crowd. How ironic. Two people who were once the instigators of a violent crime are now the victims because a big bad court full of white racists punished them for ALMOST KILLING A MAN! Have they forgotten that point? Is that just not important enough to remember?

No comments: