Sunday, December 9, 2007

Obama vs. Clinton

I think that Obama/Clinton debate is a very interesting situation. I personally don't want either for President, not because of race or gender, I just have different views than them. But for the black population, especially for black women, this is a very big happening. I watched a video of Oprah speaking at one of Obama's campaign rallies. She said that Martin Luther King just had to imagine the "dream" while this generation gets to vote the dream into office.
On the other hand, the more I think about it, maybe this isn't such a big voting dilemma...or it shouldn't be such a dilemma. Because, after all gender and race shouldn't be the reason we like some one or put them above someone else. I think the way that the media is making SUCH a big deal about all this is really just reinforcing the thoughts about how gender and race are a big deal.

No comments: